Friday, August 7, 2015

eBay Sellers - This is Why You Want to Sell on Consignment


If you aren't offering consignment sales, you are leaving money on the table. I received this email from a friend last week:

"Hi Suzanne,

I have a Chanel bag just like this. It has the authenticity card and flannel slip case. I don't have the box. What do you think about selling this on eBay? $975 is right price."

Ummmm, ok!!! My dear friend Nancy lives on Long Island, NY, and has repeatedly tried to find an eBay seller in her area to sell her designer items. (I even helped her look.) She worked in the fashion industry in New York City for many years and has a stockpile of gorgeous valuable items she doesn't use and is ready to sell. Some items are David Yurman jewelry, collectible fashion Barbie dolls new in the boxes, vintage handbags, and high end clothing and shoes. Unfortunately, she was not able to find an eBay seller to help her.

I actually connected her with a seller in her county but the person never followed up - what a shame! This would be a goldmine for someone in that area and I am really perplexed at why more people don't do eBay consignment when there are lots of people like Nancy out there looking for someone to sell their items online.

We have decided that Nancy can ship the items to me and I will sell them for her, since she cannot find anyone willing in her area. The point I want to make here is that the more people who know that you sell on eBay, the more opportunities you will have to have for blessings like this fall out of the sky and land in your lap. I've also had people contact me to sell their Lladro collection, storage units full of estate sale items, and wedding rings (pending divorce) because they know I have the knowledge and skills to sell on eBay. And this isn't because I have a blog and YouTube channel, this is because I get the word out that I am an eBay seller.

When you sell on eBay, you are your own boss. You make up the rules. You can say no to things that don't work for you, and yes to things that will. If you are nervous about selling on consignment, here are 2 FREE documents that will help you feel more comfortable with the process:

Consignment Selling Tips

Standard Consignment Selling Agreement
(Please note, this was not written by an attorney.)

And finally, if you aren't listed in my eBay Seller's Consignment Directory, for heaven's sake get on it! The world is full of people like Nancy with nice stuff to sell and they are looking for your experience and expertise.

Sign up for my eBay Seller's Consignment Directory now!





Related Articles:

Grow Your eBay Business with Consignment

Consignment Done Right - Seller Offers 140,000 Items on Consignment

Consignment Selling Can Really Pay Off

No comments:

Post a Comment